Barry Ritholtz has written a very compelling and scary article on the “Too Big to Fail” banks. I highly recommend it. I place the article in the “must read” category.
His article has six major, well-documented, sections:
- The Size of the Big Banks Is – Literally – Destroying the Rule of Law
- Their Size Allows Them to Rig the Market
- If We Break Up the Giants, Smaller Banks Will Thrive … And Loan More to Main Street
- We Do NOT Need the Big Banks to Help the Economy Recover
- The Failure to Break Up the Big Banks Is Dooming Us to Depression
- Why Aren’t They Be Broken Up?
Here’s the article.
- Are Banks Banksters?
- Top GOP Appontee Worried about Banks
- FBI: Banks Responsible for Mortgage Fraud
- Bipartisan “Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission” Report Examines Causes of Great Recession
- The Cause of the Financial Crisis: Fraudulent Creation of 3,000 Times Leverage On House Prices by the Big Banks
- Holy Cow! Derivatives Exceed Global GDP by a Factor of 10!
- Best Article on Status of Financial Regulatory Reform
- A Must Read Article on Mega Banks
- The Euro Crisis and You
- Banks and Corporations are Sitting on Huge Reserves
- Despite Dodd-Frank Criticism, Banks on a Roll
- U.S. Bank Failures, Regulations and Federal Prosecutions
- Banks – Too Big to Fail or Too Big for Our Own Good?
- Break Up the Giant, Insolvent Banks?