- Voter ID Laws and Biased Information from Local Election Officials
- The Economist Says Europe’s Leaders are Sleepwalking through an Economic Wasteland
- How to Save Billions in Medicare: Allow Medicare to Negotiate Drug Prices with Big Pharma
- Medicare Advantage Plans Cost Medicare an Extra $34.1 Billion in 2012
- Do Extended Unemployment Benefits Lengthen Unemployment Spells?
Tag Archives: cpi
If you thought costs for medical services have gone through the roof check the percent change in costs for college textbooks since 1978 in the following graph.
Brand name drugs have increased 63% since 2008 while generic drugs have decreased 61% during the same time period. CPI has only increased by 9.6%. Incredible increase in brand name drugs! I found this graph at the Incidental Economist.
Michael Norman, JTF chief economist, provides a number of metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the stimulus program (aka American Recovery Act). Each graph below has a horizontal axis ranging from March 2007 to March 2012. In addition Norman has … Continue reading