- Voter ID Laws and Biased Information from Local Election Officials
- The Economist Says Europe’s Leaders are Sleepwalking through an Economic Wasteland
- How to Save Billions in Medicare: Allow Medicare to Negotiate Drug Prices with Big Pharma
- Medicare Advantage Plans Cost Medicare an Extra $34.1 Billion in 2012
- Do Extended Unemployment Benefits Lengthen Unemployment Spells?
Tag Archives: high school
Via Inside Higher Ed “A new survey from ACT shows the continued gap between those who teach in high school and those who teach in college when it comes to their perceptions of the college preparation of today’s students. Nearly … Continue reading
Iowa state Rep. Pat Grassley (R) must be desperate to suppress the vote. Among other things his bill, House File 423, states, “The bill strikes requirements that high school students receive instruction in voting statutes and procedures, voter registration requirements, … Continue reading
Here are some major studies examining the academic outcomes of dual enrollment, an innovative movement to provide high school students college credit. I . Swanson’s, Award Winning, Ph.D. Thesis — Executive Summary This analysis is an excellent, award winning, Ph.D. thesis … Continue reading
“We estimate that moving from the 20th to 80th percentile of the high-school popularity distribution yields a 10% wage premium nearly 40 years later.” Reference Conti, Gabriella, Galeotti, Andrea, Mueller,Gerrit, & Pudney, Stephen. (2102). Popularity. National Bureau of Economic Research. NBER Working Paper No. 18475.